You’re probably hearing and reading more and more about essential oils. That’s because they’re effective, natural, and fun! I’ve been learning about essential oils for the past few months and have several success stories where the oils have helped me and my family get healthier, feel better, and be more productive. They smell wonderful and turn my home into a spa-like experience.
If you’re interested in experimenting and learning more about essential oils, don’t buy just any oils. Young Living sets the standard for purity and authenticity. Through a unique “Seed to Seal” process, Young Living carefully monitors every step of oil production. Young Living makes it easy to get started on the learning process with their Premium Starter Kit that includes all the basic, everday oils you need. Here’s my regimen (and check out the infographic at the end of this post) for daily use of essential oils:
- I start the day drinking two ounces of NingXia Red – a combination of wolfberry and essential oils that tastes amazing, wakes me up, and makes me feel energetic.
- I add a drop of Lemon, Peppermint, or Jade Lemon oil to my water bottle.
- Next, I fill my diffuser. To kick my morning off right, I choose from my favorite oils to enhance focus and productivity: Awaken, Highest Potential, Joy, Motivation, or Peppermint.
- After running around with the kids during the day, I make sure to diffuse and inhale Thieves or Purification to ward off any germs that might be trying to chip away at my immune system.
- I try to eat healthy, but dinner time is my most challenging time of day. I put a couple drops of Slique Essence in my water or tea to help curb my hunger and cravings. It doesn’t always work, but I have noticed that if I distract myself and stay busy, I don’t feel hungry. This makes me think that the Slique Essence helps keep the hunger at bay at least a little!
- At the end of the day, I might mix a couple drops of Pan-Away with coconut oil and rub it on any sore muscles. (I’ve been working out, yo.)
- Before bed, my daughter always rubs a little Lavender oil between her hands and on her pillow. It’s a special treat when I agree to rub her feet with it! I’m not particularly fond of Lavender, but I love Peace & Calming or Stress-Away before bed. I’ll massage it into my feet, put a little on my temples and neck, and sometimes put a drop on a cotton square and put it inside my pillow case.
Essential oils are also terrific when I’m traveling. Here’s what I recommend:
- Thieves – Antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-infection. Basically a ninja oil. Legend has it Thieves was used by a group of 15th-century thieves who rubbed oils on themselves to avoid contracting the plague while robbing the bodies of the dead and dying. I rub it on my hands before heading to the airport and on the plane.
- Peppermint – Another ninja oil with all kinds of claims, I like peppermint to help attention and focus. It’s a stimulating smell and it’s also said to curb appetite.
- Lavender – I don’t particularly love the smell of lavender, but my daughter does and she now includes it in her bedtime routine, rubbing a bit on her feet, palms, and pillow for relaxation. It’s also good for soothing skin if you’re going to be in sand, salt, and sun.
- Stress-Away – A mix of copaiba, lime, cedarwood, vanilla, ocotea, and lavendar, this blend smells heavenly. I love to use it on a road trip to calm everyone down!
The best way to get started with Young Living is to join as a wholesale member. Wholesale members get 24% off retail price and you just have to buy $50 in product per year – which is a piece of cake when you learn how many household products can be replaced with essential oil products. Wholesale members are independent distributors, so you may work Young Living as a business, but you can also just enjoy the oils at 24% savings without any requirements beyond the $50/year.
When you join, the Premium Starter Kit is your best value. This gives you all the basic oils to get started on your journey to wellness. I am happy to answer any questions you may have – just email me. And if you’re ready to get started, click here!